Saturday, January 9, 2010

Love from the Bottom of the World

Today we received a package from Gladys Bahamonde, a sweet and talented friend in Punta Arenas, Chile. Her city is right on the Straits of Magellan at the tip of South America (very near Antarctica). She is so good to share her city and her culture with us by email and by blog.

Below are the things she sent. She made the doll--it is so cute! That's one of the things she does with her business. The Christmas card, which she also made, contains a picture of a large monument near her home depicting sheep herding, which is typical in the area around her city. The plaque, spoon, and book mark are souvenirs from her country, and the chocolates are yummy! I have plans for all of them. I have a spoon collection that was started by my grandmother. The spoon Gladys sent will be from the farthest place in the whole collection! The bookmark will go in the book I am currently reading. It is leather and will be so much better than the piece of paper I have been using for the last couple of weeks. :-) And the chocolates will be eaten within the week.

This is the first time I have ever received something from Chile, and I am very excited to display my gifts which I know were made with love and sent with love from the bottom of the world! THANK YOU, GLADYS! You are a remarkable woman!


1 comment:

Ania said...

Thanks for your words
I am happy to know that all you like and you feel a love that I put into the gift.
I wish I could express my love in words, but it is very difficult, in the photograph is all we are.
A big kiss
Gladys