Sunday, October 25, 2009

Working and Waiting

I spent a lot of time this week working on my calling at church and working with Don. We took a couple of calls this week with the business, but I also spent a day with him and some of his colleagues out in the field doing plant surveys on a remote ranch that the county owns. It was interesting for me to learn how the surveys are done and to be able to help. This is me recording John's findings (he's the ranch manager).



The only real hazards were the cactus and this little guy who thought i had something on the bottom of my pant leg that he wanted.



Yesterday my side of the family got together to celebrate my youngest sister's birthday. It was fun to see Jon again. He is my niece's husband who is home from Iraq and is now out of the Army. He will be starting school soon, and is very happy to be back with his wife and two little boys.

Speaking of little ones, we are doing a countdown here at our house awaiting the arrival of Nathan, Sarah, and the grandkids...11 more days! We haven't seen them in almost 18 months and are very excited for their arrival! I can hardly wait to hug them all again, especially those three little ones!

No comments: