Saturday, October 3, 2009

Back in the Saddle Again

This week my friend, Andy Hersey, came to spend a couple of days with us. He's a singer-songwriter who has played all over the western US. I got to do back up vocals for his last album at a studio on 16th Avenue in Nashville, Tennessee. It was a blast! Anyway, Andy got a phone call from a friend of his who is a producer/studio owner in Nashville. He has a new artist he's going to start producing in November and asked if Andy and I would write a couple of tunes for her. Andy told him "yes", gave me a call, and came up for a couple of days to write. We haven't seen each other in quite a while, so it was great to have him here. We wrote for 8+ hours a day for two days and got three songs done. On Monday we'll go to a small studio in Tucson to cut a demo on the three songs that we finished, and then send them to Nashville. After that, we'll just wait to see if he and his artist like the tunes and if they are going to put them on the new album. I'll keep you posted.

Here's a couple of pictures. We spread out all over the dining room table with our water, root beer, papers galore, and a pile of sharp pencils. And that's where we stayed for two full days.






I've played the guitar so little in the last few years, and after two days of guitar playing my poor fingers are SO sore! But it was worth it.


We thoroughly enjoyed General Conference today and are anxious for tomorrow's sessions. How blessed we are to have living prophets and apostles of Jesus Christ on the earth again. How wonderful it is to be a member of God's Kingdom on the earth, and how grateful I am for the privilege.

1 comment:

Ania said...

Hello friend:
I miss you very much.
Hugs

Greetings to you family
Gladys