Sunday, April 11, 2010

God Be With You




I wanted to take a moment to post this picture of Nathan who has been deployed to Iraq as a member of the United States Army Dental Corps. We are very proud of his service to this nation that we love.

My father and all of my uncles served in WWII...my father as a medic in the Army on the front lines in the European theater. On my mother's side, my grandfather fought in WWI and my great-grandfather fought in the Civil War.

The Carters have been in this country since before it was a country (the 1600's) and have fought for this nation in every war she had had including the American Revolution and every war since. Don and his brothers served in the Army's 82nd Airborne; his youngest brother served two tours in Iraq and Afghanistan.

We have a deep and abiding respect for those who have served in our military.

Nathan, you come from a long line of service on your father's side of the family as well as my side of the family. You honor all of them and all of us as you serve. May your unselfishness and that of your wife and children be answered with blessings upon your heads. We love you!

2 comments:

Sabrina said...

Our prayers are with Nathan and his family.

John K said...

In addition to the exceptionally proud family heritage, Captain Carter's service honors the tradion of the U.S. Army Dental Corps. He assures the fitness of our soldiers and heals sick and wounded. I don't know him personally but I know how much he is doing for our country. Colonel J.E. King, US Army(Retired)