Saturday, June 27, 2009

Contrast

The following two pictures caused me a moment of reflection this week. Let me explain briefly. By the end of the week, I was going crazy trying to keep up with all of my responsibilities. Take a look at this picture. I didn't even finish making the bed that morning before it was covered with notebooks!

I got up and started on my Relief Society things (the big white notebook), when the phone rang and I had to work with my Homeowners' things (the maroon notebook), which is when Don called because he had business calls and I needed to catch up on the paperwork for the business (the green notebook), and my personal calender (the skinny white notebook) had a "things to do" list on it a mile long that I had been trying to finish since Monday!



Contrast the above to the picture below.

Don doesn't feel the same pressure that I feel. It's not that he doesn't have a lot of pressure; he does. He just doesn't let it get to him like I do. No matter how crazy things get, he always finds joy in the little things and something to laugh about.

This is the fattest Colorado River toad we have ever seen, and Don found it on the back patio by the pool. My first thought was to get it off of our property so that the dogs wouldn't get poisoned by trying to pick it up with their mouths. Don's first thought was how amazing it was that he was so big and what a great job it would do eating bugs if we let it live in the garden (which, of course, is where it now resides).

Thank you, Don, for making me laugh everyday, and for helping me to see that there are amazing things everywhere that are worth stopping to look at and to think about, no matter how many responsibilities are on my shoulders (or on my unmade bed)! You are the best, and I love you with all my heart!

1 comment:

Ania said...

Hi Karen:
jajajaja I laughed with the contrast of your blog, it seems a question of men versus women.
Andrés also does not make a lot of trouble just living jajajaj.

Very nice what you tell Don.

I tell you that Eduardo is human influenza AH1N1 :(