Sunday, March 8, 2009

Yee-Haw!

Last night we had a ward party which was like a county fair. The decorations were very cute, and the food was really good! I was asked to sing and play my guitar, so I got Don to play his harmonicas and another guy in the ward, Kevin, to play his guitar with me. Kevin sings, too, so we were able to entertain for quite a while and had a lot of fun. After dinner they let people karaoke which was fun as well as funny. All in all, it was a good night. These pictures were taken just as people were arriving. I should have gotten some pictures of the decorations and the kids on the dance floor. Oh well.


It's been so long since I've played guitar and it was hard to play because I don't have callouses on my fingers any more. After two weeks of practicing and then playing last night (for a lot longer than I thought we would), I can feel them starting to come back. Maybe I should keep playing so that they will stay on my fingers. Maybe....


I thought that when I stopped teaching school I would suddenly have a lot more time to myself to read and relax. Wrong! Some days are so crazy busy that I can't get everything done. My days are now filled with all the things I have wanted to do but haven't been able to do for years. And that's good! Really good! I'm enjoying myself a lot, and am glad for this season of my life.

1 comment:

Ania said...

I am very happy for you.
You're enjoying things they had left behind.
Gladys