Saturday, April 18, 2009

Families Are Forever

Last Sunday we had a wonderful Easter dinner at my mom's. My side of the family was there except for Nathan, Sarah, and their kids. We sure miss them! My niece's little boys were there. Aiden hunted Easter eggs, etc., but I forgot to get out the camera (as usual). After most everyone was gone, I finally remembered the camera.

Susan took this picture:




This is Don and I in my mother's living room.

Don took this picture:




This is my sister, Susan, me, our daughter Nicole, and my mom (who is still going strong at age 81!).

Monday we went out to Vail and had dinner and played games with some good friends. The rest of the week was spent working on the bat job (which should be done next week), and working with the boy scouts. Don also went on an overnight camp out Friday and Saturday with Spencyr and had a fun time. Don's birthday is coming up soon. I'll blog about that next week. And Paige's will be 5 years old on the 21st of April. That little girl is growing up so fast! How we miss the grand kids!

I'm glad for the family that lives nearby, and miss those members of the family that are far away. But love binds us and keeps us close together even though there may be many miles between us and many weeks that go by between visits...families are forever.

1 comment:

Ania said...

Your family is beautiful, but missed the rest.
For another family reunion you will not forget your camera.
Beautiful that you have a mother so many years.
Unfortunately I do not have a very close relationship with my mother.

You and Don are very nice!

Families are Forever!!!!!!!!!!!!