Sunday, November 16, 2008

"...This Land Is My Land"

The title is for those of you who know that song. Anyway...
This week we spent a few days on our land in northeastern AZ. I love it up there because it's beautiful and peaceful. I love my snug little cabin and the wood burning stove in the corner. I love being out in nature. It does my heart good and reminds me of Heavenly Father's love for beauty that shows in all of His creations. I always think of the scripture, "Be still, and know that I am God." And when I am there away from the busyness of life, I can be still...and with all my heart, I know.

The first picture I took was at sunset. The second is right after sunset when only Venus and Jupiter can be seen in the sky. The third is the moon overhead and our campfire below. The fourth is of a sunrise.






2 comments:

scrumdiddillyumptious said...

Thats a beautiful sunset photo! I will call you probably tomorrow.

Nathan said...

I do miss those nice sunsets... Germany just doesn't have them nearly as nice :)