Sunday, September 21, 2008

Friday--Fun Day!

Last Friday we had a lot of fun with the Slagel side of the family. My mom, Kathy, and my youngest sister, Susan, came out to visit. So did my niece, Angela Anderson, and her two little boys (Aiden age 2 and Tyler age 4 months). Her husband, Jon, is serving his second tour in Iraq and is due back in the fall of 2009. Jennifer and Nicole both made it over for lunch and an afternoon of fun together. This is a picture of Tyler, Jenna, Nicole, and Angela.

This is Aiden playing the piano. He's a fun little guy. It's a good thing that Aiden and Tyler were there because Don was feeling a little bit overwhelmed by all the women in the house. But don't feel too sorry for him. He got some serious male bonding time that morning with a couple of the guys in the Elder's Quorum. They got up and went mountain bike riding on the hills just east of us (which they've been doing for the last few Saturdays). It's becoming one of Don's favorite pastimes.

This is Susan (whose shoulder is healing from surgery) and I. We were getting food ready, and Mom was talking to us. Notice the green space on the wall with the shelf behind me? That used to be all cupboards. But a couple of years ago people broke into this house and stole AC units, eight feet of the upper kitchen cupboards, the screens off the windows, the ceiling fans, part of the chain link fence out back, and stuff from the shop/dog kennel. Anyway, we are slowly getting things replaced. The cupboards, however, can't be matched, so we decided not to try. Instead, Don made a shelf for me to put my cups on, and I really like it!

And this is Don and Jenna. They were playing with the dogs (Jen brought her dog over, too) in the front yard. I got them to stop long enough to pose for me.















Even though nobody went swimming, we played games and had a great day together!

1 comment:

scrumdiddillyumptious said...

That sounds like so much fun! I am glad you are enjoying being there as well as decorating the house...it is looking GOOD! Tell Don hi from us